1. If an employer says you have to treat an entry level job as more than just a job to be successful, that’s key for you’ll be overworked and underpaid.
2. Often, being liked doesn’t require you to be interesting/funny. It just requires you to make other people feel interesting/funny.
3. Don’t take unsolicited advice personally. Most of the time the person giving the advice is giving advice they wish they had, not advice they think you need.
4. If you find yourself procrastinating in starting a new task, tell yourself you just taking some practical steps now to “prepare” to do it later. You might end up getting half the job done or more just in the process of “preparing.”
5. Struggle at writing Essays? Outline them extensively. You’ll end up writing 80-90% of your content and the actual essay writing portion comes down to pasting and polishing.