1. If you want to offer a deep and memorable compliment, ask someone how they did something. It gives them the opportunity to tell their story and shows your genuine interest.
2. If you have a bottle of red wine that you don’t like, pour it in a pitcher with some brandy and fruit. Makes for a great sangria that tastes fruity and delicious and you don’t waste a whole bottle of wine.
3. Always write down your ideas the moment you get them.
4. Giving advice? Instead of saying “You should ______”, try saying “What’s worked for me in the past is ______”
5. In business, delete the word “just” from your correspondence to display confidence in your thoughts and plans.
One very valuable trick I learned years ago for writing effective business emails was to start with the words
“I want to tell you that ”
then write the rest of the email. Then delete the first six words before sending. It forces you to start the email with the most important information.