Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. Do not reply or text straight away when arguing with someone. You might end up saying things out of anger that will not be forgotten by the other party. Instead, take deep breaths, calm yourself down and then converse to resolve the issue.
2. If you have a lot of change use it at self-checkout and pay the rest by card. It gets rid of small coins without having to go to a bank.
3. If you already have a dog and are planning on getting another, introduce them by immediately walking them together the 1st time they meet. The distraction of the walk keeps them from getting possibly hostile and gives them time to relax and adjust to another dog during a fun activity for them.
4. Be yourself in sit-down interviews. If you’ve made it that far, you have nothing to prove in terms of knowledge or experience. Hiring managers are looking for a good fit.
Don’t fret about your skills. Be yourself. Don’t go overboard trying to be more outgoing than you are either. No one wins if you get hired based on a fake persona.
5. 4 July in the USA is right around the corner. Clean your gutters beforehand for fire safety.
Every 4 July in the United States, gutters filled with dry leaves/debris become tinderboxes when wayward bottle rockets and sparks from fireworks land in them. But empty/clean gutters greatly reduce the risk of this kind of fire. June is an excellent time to take care of this chore.