Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. If the IRS calls you, it is a scam. The IRS will always start to contact you through the US Postal Service.
2. Dial a number with an extension often? Save the number with two commas between them. Example: 555-555-5555,, 123456.
If you put two commas after the phone number followed by the extension, your phone will call the number, pause, then dial the extension.
Each comma is a 2-second pause, so you can place 3 commas to have it wait 6 seconds before sending the extension.
You could also take multiple breaks like 555-555-5555,,7,,,,,45,,7890#
3. Never leave water bottles, reading glasses, or anything else that can focus light in a spot that could get direct sunlight. A significant number of house/vehicle fires happen every year because of this.
4. If someone is treating you to a meal and you’re wondering how much you should spend, ask them what they’re ordering to get a better idea of the range.
5. When you are handed a claim ticket for anything (dry cleaning, luggage, valet parking, etc.) immediately take a picture of it with your phone. That way, if it becomes lost you can still claim your property without a hassle.