1. Before telling your landlord you’re moving, ask them to fix anything broken that you’re worried you might get charged for. They often will, and then when you move out they won’t be able to take it out of your security deposit.
2. Act like your future self is a real person. So when you see a chore that needs to be done, you can say “I’ll do this now to be nice to my future self”. Helps motivate you to get things done because you’re doing work for someone you want to help.
3. If you wake up in the middle of the night, don’t check the time. This will allow you to fall back asleep without worrying about how many hours you have left.
4. Before submitting an online form where you’ve typed out a long question or details, copy that section to your clipboard before hitting submit. If there is a problem with the website and that text is lost, you can quickly paste it back in when you try again instead of typing it out again.
5. Before having a discussion or a debate, ask the other party why they think someone would adopt your position instead of theirs, e.g. “why do you think some people favor vaccinations?” You will quickly discover whether a debate is worth it.