Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. Shift + Backspace deletes word by word, rather than letter by letter.
CTRL + BACKSPACE, for most modern programs
OPTION + DELETE (ALT + BACKSPACE), if you’re on a Mac
CTRL + W, if you’re using a Linux terminal
2. If your clothes don’t smell fresh even after washing, it could be your machine. The easiest way to get rid of mold in your machine is to use 1-2 dishwasher tabs or some detergent and do a cycle without clothes.
3. Find a pair of socks you really like and only buy the same pair so you always get a matching pair of socks from the basket after washing them.
4. When you’re hitting yourself over something you did in the past, consider this: what are the odds that anyone remembers in that exact moment? They might recall you occasionally, but most people are too engrossed in their own lives to care. Keep living your life and make the future even better.
5. When reading a company’s Glassdoor pay attention to the date of the review. If you notice a lot of good reviews in a short time frame then that means that HR sent out a bulletin for employees to write reviews for the company.