Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. If a credit card of finance offer excludes residents of Iowa, you probably shouldn’t apply.
If you pay close enough attention, you might notice that a fair amount of finance offers exclude Iowa residents. This is because Iowa has some of the most robust consumer credit laws around that among other things put limits on interest rates and late payment penalties, AKA, helping prevent predatory loan practices. This isn’t to say that all companies who don’t do business with Iowa residents are predatory, but I don’t think I’d want to take out a loan with a company that won’t do business with consumers who have laws that protect them from being abused by creditors.
2. Enjoy and cherish every second you have with your children during the pre-teen years. You will have spent 75%+ of the time you will ever spend with them up until then. Once their lives start, you will see them a fraction of the time over the course of the remainder of your life.
3. If you want Google to return only very current results type “after:2019” in your search.
You can filter any range of years using “before:<year>” and “after:<year>” in any search. Much quicker than clicking through the “tools” menu and selecting a time frame by hand.
It’s a godsend for finding only current software or programming information which tends to change drastically over even 5 years. It also helps if you want to find older information about a topic that has recently become popular, where a typical search will be overloaded with only the recent news and other items.
4. If your tooth hurt… don’t “wait it out.” Better spend $200 for a filling than $2000 for a root canal.
5. Don’t hang up on emergency services, tell them you didn’t mean to call.
If you accidentally call emergency services, make sure you tell them, otherwise they will most likely send out a police car to your location, and you could be fined. Instead, just tell them, “Sorry I didn’t mean to call” and make sure they know it was a mistake.