Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. Make Irish soda bread if the grocery store runs out of bread.
Irish soda bread takes less than an hour to make and it’s a very forgiving bread. Unlike some bread/pastries, it still tastes good even if you mess it up.
Here is the recipe you can use: https://www.recipetineats.com/no-yeast-bread-irish-soda-bread/
Good luck, and stay safe!
2. Don’t want Pinterest in your Google search results? Add -Pinterest to the end of your search terms.
For example. . .
Before: “Cool sunset pictures” Result: A bunch of photos that you can’t access because they’re locked through Pinterest
After: “Cool sunset pictures -Pinterest” Result: No Pinterest results
3. If you’re home with extra time on your hands, check out MIT OpenCourseWare, a free educational service featuring virtually all of MIT’s courses.
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology offers virtually all of its course content in a web-based format. OCW is free and available worldwide.
MIT is the premier engineering university in the United States, ranking first in aerospace/aeronautical/astronautical engineering, chemical engineering, computer engineering, material engineering, and mechanical engineering in 2016. MIT came in second in nuclear engineering and bioengineering, and seventh in civil engineering.
Engineering coursework in the following areas of study is available:
- Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Biological Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Engineering Systems Division
- Health Sciences and Technology
- Institute for Data, Systems, and Society
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nuclear Science and Engineering
In addition to offering engineering coursework through OCW, MIT offers:
School of Architecture and Planning
School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences
- Comparative Media Studies/Writing
- Global Studies and Languages
- Linguistics and Philosophy
- Music and Theater Arts
- Political Science
- Science, Technology, and Society
- Women’s and Gender Studies
School of Science
- Brain and Cognitive Sciences
- Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences
Sloan School of Management
4. A lot of people give good advice to people but they rarely look at themselves from the third point of view. If you’re ever feeling down, try giving yourself a therapy session!