Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. Birds can give you a lot of useful information just by listening to them.
A few things you can tell are:
- Birds go CRAZY when there is a snake nearby. I don’t mean like mating season crazy, I mean constantly screaming and sometimes dive-bombing the actual snake. Use this to locate the snake and keep yourself or your family safe.
- Birds ‘go to sleep’ when rain is coming and stay quiet in their nests.
- If it is raining and the birds are still loud outside, the rain is going to continue for a long time (8-10+ hours). They’re basically panicking and trying to solve the problem of running out of food soon.
2. Never loan someone an amount of money you aren’t okay losing permanently. You need to mentally consider it a gift and consider the money gone. So many people are terrible at paying back so when you consider it a gift it is a nice surprise if the money comes back. If not you really helped them.
3. Don’t let people guilt you for not being in contact with them. They’re not making any effort to stay connected with you either.
4. When using Google, add “-Pinterest” (sans quotes) to your query to avoid receiving hundreds of useless Pinterest results.
5. Are you stressing over something? Then use the 10-10-10 rule, will it matter in 10 days? 10 months? 10 years? After getting some perspective, you will notice how very few things end up worth stressing over.
I feel like most are missing the point, this trick helps weed out the not so important issues that clog your mind and takes up the much needed mental energy, so you can have more time and energy to deal with more pressing issues, like education, work, finances, relationships. Those are the sort of issue that should have more priority over let’s say, buying the latest iPhone, or some other materialistic things.
That is all that the trick is all about