Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. Always be prepared to leave your employer because they are prepared to leave you.
2. If you see a U-Haul truck on the road, assume the driver does not have experience driving large vehicles. Be sure to give them plenty of space and stay out of blind spots.
3. Replace the “en.” on Wikipedia with “simple.” to get a far less complicated version of the article like it was written for five-year-olds.
Example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mechanics is super complicated. https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mechanics is way easier to understand
This really helps when you want to understand complex subjects without slogging through pages of details that you don’t want. It’s like ELI5 but for Wikipedia. It doesn’t work on every article but the vast majority have a simple English version.
4. When you arrive late for an important event no one wants to hear why at that moment, just apologize, do not give your excuse, no matter how ‘good’ it is.
If someone asks later or you are in conversation with individuals – that’s the time to give your reason.
5. If you get carsick or seasick, put an earplug or noise-canceling EarPod (create a seal) in ONE ear and wait two minutes. Reduces nausea by 75%+.