Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. Ask yourself “what does it matter to me” the next time you find yourself judging someone for their clothing, interests, or hobbies. The more you train yourself to not care about the personal preferences of other people, the more relaxed and nicer you become as a person.
2. Billionaires like to rewrite their origin story to amplify their achievements against a backdrop of adversity that didn’t really exist. Take their life advice with a pinch of salt: it probably won’t work for you.
‘Mark Cuban says this one small change gave him the motivation to succeed’
3. If you offer someone an alcoholic drink and they say no, immediately tell them what non-alcoholic drinks you have. With no judgment. They don’t owe you any explanation of recovery, medical contraindications, or whether or not they just don’t feel like it that day.
Recovering alcoholics struggle because a lot of people don’t understand that ‘just one’ can’t be done. Also, nobody should owe you their medical history just because you think not drinking with you is ‘uncool’.
If the person was just objecting to the TYPE of alcohol you offered, believe me, they’ll ask what else you have on hand. Or you can just say, ‘We have other drinks, and these are the non-alcoholic drinks I have: blah blah blah.”
4. It only takes about 2-3 weeks of clicking unsubscribe on every single marketing email you receive to change your inbox (and your life) forever.
Do it every time for a couple of weeks and you’re golden.
5. Don’t buy oven mitts, get welders gloves from a hardware store! They can protect from higher heat, are built sturdier, and sometimes have flame decals on them so you can run faster.