1. A marriage proposal should NOT come as a big surprise, despite what you may have seen in the movies. The topic of marriage should be thoroughly discussed well before you propose.
Lots of TV and films depict a proposal as this dramatic, surprising moment where someone finally realizes their true feelings. While it may make for good entertainment, in real life your significant other should be well aware of where the relationship is heading.
2. Always bring your own vehicle to family/friend gatherings so you can leave when you want to.
3. Your life doesn’t need to be special to be enjoyable. Having a regular job, food to eat, and a roof over your head is more than almost every person who came before you or living now has had/have. Stop comparing yourself to crazy talented lucky people.
4. If someone gifts you something great, take a photo of yourself using/enjoying it and send it to them. Sometimes that speaks louder than simply saying thanks.
5. When you submit a resume to a potential employer, submit it as a PDF, not a Word doc.