1. When you don’t have all the facts, try to give people the most generous reason you can for their behavior. Annoyingly slow driver? Maybe it’s a mom with a birthday cake in the back. This mindset will gradually make you less reactive, more compassionate, and more forgiving of your own bad days.
2. Remove all dealer decals from the back of your car. It’s your vehicle now and they are using you for free advertising.
3. Instead of using a Coinstar and losing 11% of your money, take your change jar when you go shopping and when it’s time to pay, use a self-checkout machine and just drop change into the coin slot. It counts the change just like a Coinstar and you keep all your money.
4. Throwing a few glow sticks in your cooler when camping or partying outside makes a world of difference.
5. If someone gives you a nice or rare bottle of scotch, they probably like it too. It is a classy move to immediately open the bottle and pour a little for them to taste.