Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. “Instead of feeling that you’ve blown the day and thinking, “I’ll get back on track tomorrow,” try thinking of each day as a set of four quarters: morning, midday, afternoon, evening. If you blow one quarter, you get back on track for the next quarter. Fail small, not big.” – Gretchen Rubin.
2. Stop overthinking your tasks. It leads to analysis paralysis and you end up just thinking about work instead of actually doing it. Have a VERY basic plan, and just start working. You’ll figure things out along the way.
3. When you tell someone you need to speak to someone at a later time, let them know what the subject matter is. It saves the person you need to speak with a lot of anxiety.
4. When a cat shows you its belly, pet around the cheeks and not the belly itself. Cats show their belly as a sign of trust, so going for their belly is seen as an immediate violation of that trust and may result in biting or scratching.
If your cat has shown in the past that it likes belly rubs, that’s an exception of course, but the average kitty just wants you to know that you are trusted by exposing its most vulnerable area to you.
5. If you’re working in a technical role (IT, Engineering, etc), write everything you do as if it was a user manual. Ignore those who say it will be used to replace you. It is more likely to be used to show management “you can give me that promotion, the next guy is all set”.