Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. Children can understand a lot more than you realize. Discuss large and significant topics with them in everyday, simple language. They’ll have many questions so always try to answer them as good as you can. Let them learn new things and expand their vocabulary – it will make them feel special.
2. If making Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches for later consumption, put PB on both sides of the bread and the jelly in the middle. This will keep your bread from soaking up the jelly and getting soggy.
This also works with other sandwiches that use dressing. Place the meat on the bun and the dressing in the middle.
3. Buy winter clothes in the summer, and summer clothes in the winter. Some shops can have pretty awesome discounts on clothes that aren’t useful in the current season.
4. You can add dots anywhere to your Gmail address and it will still deliver it to you. You can use this to create multiple accounts on other websites that will still link to your same Gmail address.
You can use this to get multiple “x% off your first order” offers, creating new accounts when you can’t recover your old one, and more.
5. If you feel like you can’t make it through the day, only focus on the next hour. If you feel like you can’t make it through the next hour, only focus on the next few minutes. If you feel like you can’t make it through the next few minutes, take it one breath at a time.
This is applicable to many situations, though many therapists often recommend this as a short-term coping strategy during stressful times. Please reach out to someone and seek medical and professional help if you have intrusive thoughts or persistent feelings of sadness, dread, anxiousness, or stress.