1. Don’t fall in love with a place you are vacationing at. You are seeing that area for a week or two when you are not working and you are under less stress than you would be at home. I’ve seen too many people uproot their lives to move to “paradise” only to find out it’s not what it seems.
2. When deciding on a new job, don’t underestimate the importance of its distance from your house. Sometimes a bad job can be made worse by a long commute home and vice versa.
3. The more items on a restaurant menu, the less fresh the food usually is going to be.
4. Don’t name your child after a movie/tv/book character until the series has ended.
5. Don’t buy (or use) a glass cutting board. If you already have, replace it…they rapidly, and needlessly, dull your knives (or worse, chip them).