Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. If a motorcyclist pats his or her head with an open palm, it means cops or danger ahead.
2. Walking 3 miles will burn more calories than running 1 mile. It’s easier to walk 3 miles while listing to music, a podcast, audiobook, etc.
3. Practice doesn’t make perfect; it makes it permanent. Practicing something incorrectly means you may have to unlearn bad technique, which is FAR more difficult than making sure you practice that thing correctly, to begin with.
4. If you’re unsure about a decision, flip a coin. Your reaction will show you which decision you really prefer.
Example: You are not sure whether you should take a job offer or you should stay at your old job. There are arguments for both and you just can’t come up with a decision. You flip a coin, the outcome says “stay”, you are unhappy with it. That way you know you should take the new job.
This little trick helped me a lot of times and never failed me. That way you can be aware of your position regarding a difficult decision. It is not about the coin flip but about your spontaneous reaction.
5. Just because someone is a good speaker, doesn’t mean they know what they’re talking about.