Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
01. Swallow the frog
Do the thing you are least looking forward to first and the whole day will seem brighter and easier.
02. Always order one 18 inch pizzas instead of two 12 inch pizzas
One 18 inch pizza has more pizza than two 12 inch pizzas. Sometimes it’s better value to order a large instead of two mediums. The 18” pizza is precisely 12.5% bigger by area if you don’t differentiate between crust and the rest.
03. Before posting online a photo you took…
Crop some small part out of it out first. That way you can always prove it’s yours. This is also how a lot of art (paintings) are authenticated – portions of the painting are always behind the frame, and not publicly displayed.
04. How to recognize when someone is drowning
Drowning is hard to spot and knowing this information could help you to save a life!
In short, drowning isn’t about loud splashing and noise (though you should respond to that too!). Look out for these signs:
- Head low in the water, mouth at water level
- Head tilted back with mouth open
- Eyes glassy and empty, unable to focus
- Eyes closed
- Hair over forehead or eyes
- Not using legs – Vertical
- Hyperventilating or gasping
- Trying to swim in a particular direction but not making headway
- Trying to roll over on the back
- Appear to be climbing an invisible ladder(difficulty or inability to wave for help)
05. If you’re choking…
Don’t go to the bathroom (or anyone) alone to deal with it. Make AS MUCH commotion as possible. This obviously sounds like common sense but it definitely isn’t in the moment. Choking is a SILENT DEATH. You’re going to want to be in private incase you vomit/start retching/be gross in general etc. This happens every year. People die alone in bathrooms because they’re too embarrassed to draw attention to themselves. Hit the table, hit people, knock glasses over, do WHATEVER you have to do to draw attention to yourself. The above picture is the international sign for choking which everyone should know, of course.