Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. When using your laptop in bed, put a large book underneath to help with ventilation and maximizing battery life
This is because bed sheets often block the airways for fans and laptop devices can overheat very quickly. You get more battery life by using a book as a barrier.
2. If you find someone’s keys and they have key tags, drop them in a mailbox
If you find someone’s keys and they have key tags, drop them in a mailbox. Most key tags, like shopper’s club rewards cards, have a postage guaranteed return mailing address on the back. The keys will be sent to the shopping center, and the barcode on the back will determine who the owner is so the keys can be returned.
3. Always check your mobile phone signal when looking for a new apartment or house
4. Motivate people by giving them choices, even if the choices are illusory.
People feel more valued or in control if they get to make choices about the task ahead.
5. Use a VPN app for public WiFi networks
It is good to always have a VPN app on your devices where you frequently use public WiFi networks. Using a VPN will allow you to ensure some level of security for the data being transmitted.