Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. When on conference calls, get in the habit of muting yourself all of the time unless you are talking.
Treat the call as ‘push to talk’. It reduces background noise and means you can make plenty of noise eating, sneezing or practicing guitar.
2. Before using your credit card or debit card in any machine, make it a habit of tugging on the card reader with good force.
You’ll reduce the chances of your card being skimmed by a lot. Users don’t realize how easy it is for a credit card to be skimmed while doing day to day activities. ATMs generally are impossible to dismantle with human force. Tug on that reader with all your might. Wiggle it as well. If it moves even slightly, move on. Do not stick your card in it.
3. Never complain to a stranger or someone you just met. It almost never makes for a good first impression.
You never know if you offended someone, but it also makes you seem negative and attracts mostly negative people.
4. Whenever someone says something you disagree with or that makes you upset–STOP!
Think about why it makes you feel angry or why you disagree. Even if you don’t challenge the person, it refines your opinions and beliefs for the future.
5. Eliminate the word “very” from your vocabulary and learn more adjectives to make up for it.
You’ll express yourself with greater precision and your intellect will be self-evident.