Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. Use olive oil instead of extra-virgin olive oil when cooking with heat.
It has a higher smoke point and is cheaper. Use your nice oil for finishing dishes, not preparing them.
2. If an app asks you to rate it click “yes”, wait for your app store to start the load then click back.
App stores don’t state if you share, so apps can’t check but it stores the cookie and never asks again.
This saves you clicking “later” and stops the app bugging you with requests.
3. When you’re about to cry, think of words that rhyme or count backward from 100 in sevens.
Engaging the logic part of your brain shifts blood flow away from your emotional centers and helps you maintain your composure.
4. After assembling IKEA furniture, tape the key to the underside so that you can easily find it in the future if you need to tighten screws or disassemble it.
5. If you shop frequently at Target, any clearance price that ends in $.08 will be marked down again. Prices that end in $.04 indicates the lowest it will be.
Their markdown schedule:
Monday: Baby and Kids Clothing and Electronics.
Tuesday: Decor, Women”s Apparel, Diapers, and Pets.
Wednesday: Men’s Apparel, Food, Health & Beauty, Lawn & Garden.
Thursday: Shoes, Housewares, Lingerie, and Toys.
Friday: Jewelry, Cosmetics and Home Improvement.