Here are 5 things you should know.
1. Roaming charges for the EU are abolished for all providers.
In the whole EU, all your data, calling and texting will be deducted from your bundle with no extra charges for being in a different country! This regulation comes into effect June 15.
Also useful for tourists that travel around Europe: get a SIM in one country and you’re set for the whole lot.
2. Scientists generally do not get paid for their research by scientific journals.
In fact, researchers are sometimes required to pay the journal if they are included.
This seems to surprise people, e.g. those who think that Sci-hub is directly taking money away from people who do research.
Sci-hub is taking away money from journals and those who work there, but generally, it does not take money directly from researchers.
3. If you really like the cookies that Delta Airlines serves, they actually sell them in the grocery store.
They are called Biscoff.
4. You only have 30 days after accepting Whatsapp’s updated TOS to opt out of Facebook data sharing.
If you are concerned about Whatsapp sharing your data with Facebook, you need to opt out within 30 days of accepting Whatsapp’s latest Terms of Service. You can follow the instructions here to opt out.
5. You don’t have to squirt eye drops into an open eye.
You can drop them into your tear duct, tilt your head and blink rapidly instead. You can tilt your head back so you face the ceiling, drop a drop onto your tear duct with your eye closed, then tilt your head sideways (so your tear duct is above your eye) and blink rapidly. No pain, no irritation and it has the same benefits.