Here are 5 things you should know.
1. Babies do not shiver when they are cold.
If you see a baby shivering it needs to be fed immediately because it probably has an extremely low blood sugar. Babies have a major problem with thermoregulation (keeping a normal temperature). Because of this, many people think that when a baby starts to shiver it is cold. That’s not true. If your intervention is to try to warm the baby it will more than likely die of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). Keep this in mind and it could save a baby’s life.
2. When a doctor’s office tell you they take your insurance that does not necessarily mean they are in your network.
Sometimes when they say “yes we take Cigna” they may mean that they will physically take your card and bill your insurance. Many people have learned the hard way that they are not in network and end up with a huge bill. Never trust a doctors office for information about your insurance. After all, they have thousands of patients across dozens of insurance companies. How can they know it all? Always call your insurance company directly to confirm if that doctor, at that specific location, is in the network.
3. You should take your dishwasher apart and clean it out every once in a while.
There would be sorts of scraps in there. If you’ve ever had glass break in your dish washer, there may be sharp pieces of glass down there. Proceed with caution, lest you slice your hand open.
4. Consumers have the right to free copies of their credit reports from the three major credit reporting agencies every 12 months.
Consumers have the right to free copies of their credit reports from the three major credit reporting agencies every 12 months. Reports may be requested by phone or email and at http://www.annualcreditreport.com.
5. The easiest and most effective way to get rid of Hiccups.
Inhale through your mouth, swallow saliva twice and slowly exhale through your nose.