Here are 5 things you should know.
1. Krispy Kreme gives out free donuts for talking like a pirate.
On National Talk like a Pirate Day (USA), Sept 19, Krispy Kreme gives away a free donut for anyone that comes in and talks like a pirate and provides a free dozen to anyone dressed as a pirate.
Here is a link to an article detailing other ways to receive free donuts from Krispy Kreme.
2. Before you go into the attic because of flooding. Bring an Axe with you so you have a means to get out.
Never trap yourself. Always have a means of escape. At least improve your chances
3. If you’re on the phone with somebody (usually a company) and they ask to “put you on hold”, it may just be their end that’s silent, not yours, and they can still hear everything that you’re doing.
4. Your shoulders should hang as loosely and as low as possible while on a computer.
Having your shoulders in a shrugging position can cause tightness in your neck and back. Try to move your keyboard and mouse (or laptop) to the front of your desk, and get a seat cushion if you need to.
5. Mandatory evacuation orders are almost never enforced but are issued to inform you that first responder will not be available if you get into trouble from not evacuating (in the US at least).
The point of the order is to inform you should leave and if you refuse to do so, no one is going to save you because it is considered too dangerous for first responders to do so.