Here are 5 things you should know.
1. If you have an old, or just idle laptop lying around you can “donate” the processing power to help cure diseases, study global warming, discover pulsars, and do many other types of scientific research.
2. You can sync your college canvas/blackboard calendar with your google calendar.
If a teacher puts an assignment on the canvas calendar you can copy the ICAL link that it gives and paste it into your Google calendar. Now every time a teacher puts something up on the calendar. it’s automatically in your Google calendar.
3. Not to give cats milk.
Contrary to popular belief, milk is bad for cats because cats are lactose intolerant and can get diarrhea and cramps from milk.
4. “Cigarette smoking causes about one of every five deaths in the United States each year.”
Reasons why you should know this:
- Many people smoke. If they realized this, that may push them towards quitting.
- Many more people know friends and family who smoke. This may push them to help their friends and family to quit.
5. It isn’t safe to leave your key in the door lock, it will align the pins and allow it to be opened from the outside.
If you really like having your key in the lock, remove it halfway through to leave some of the pins in the wrong position, preventing rotation of the lock.