Here are 5 things you should know.
1. AMC movie theatres will be priced $5.00 on Tuesdays in October.
Enjoy your cheaper movies in October.
2. If you have Two-Factor-Authentication on an apple product, disable it before replacing the device or bring another one to the store.
When the salesperson tries to help you set up the device, it’ll ask you to log in and if you have TFA it will need you to use the code sent to another device. You can’t get the code if you don’t have another one with you. It can cause some frustration if you don’t know how to set the phone up yourself.
3. These Cognitive Biases affecting how you see the world (and yourself).
Cognitive biases make our thinking irrational, and our feeble human minds are skewed by many different biases. This interactive website – https://yourbias.is/ – helps you to identify some of the most common and useful-to-know biases, and this free creative commons poster – https://yourbias.is/poster – can be downloaded as a high-resolution vector pdf to remind you of how dumb your brain is and why you shouldn’t trust it.
4. You can opt-out of most online tracking by major advertisers.
Link to the opt-out site and more information:
The Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) is a non-profit group of online advertisers who have agreed to certain rules pertaining to online advertising. Some of those rules include how and when they are allowed to track their customers. As part of the alliance, the companies are also obligated to stop tracking you when you opt-out.
This is different than the “Do Not Track” (DNT) flag set in your browsers. Companies aren’t obligated to honor the DNT flag, and some companies such as Microsoft explicitly state that they ignore the flag.
5. An app called Google Opinion Rewards will give you free Google Play credit for taking short and simple surveys.
It’s not a huge amount of credit all at once but it’s free.