Here are 5 things you should know.
1. The “canned air” is not air. It is difluoroethane, and it is poisonous.
Just read the can. It says not to inhale it, and to use it in the fresh air, not enclosed spaces.
2. How to use your iPhone to speak what you type with the keyboard (text > audio speech) to help you communicate if you cannot speak, like after a dental procedure for example, as a bonus, you can use Stephen Hawking’s computer voice if desired.
Get this app and it will speak what you type. By default, it uses Siri’s voice but you can change the voice into a whole bunch of different ones. As an added bonus, you can use it to speak in Stephen Hawking’s computer voice. Go down the list and select “English – Fred” for that. Neat! It’s a little harder to understand than the other voices though. It also lets you save shortcuts or pre-typed phrases for easy selection from a list of things you may have to repeat, as well as a recent history list where it’ll re-speak something you previously typed at just a tap. Other languages are also available like German Spanish Dutch Chinese etc, all work to speak aloud what you type.
Speak – Text to Speech by Loic Verrall https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/speak-text-to-speech/id806819422?mt=8
3. In CT air (like at gas stations) is free.
Many gas stations will have the pumps that take money but all of them have buttons or ways around it if you ask inside.
4. The app Stocard allows you to store all your loyalty cards on your phone.
Having this app has been a life changer and means you don’t have to carry around all those annoying loyalty card stockpiles you’ve built up around with you. There are hundreds of brands you can store cards from on the app.
5. If you are a student and are wanting Microsoft Office before you buy the software check with your College/University most offer free downloads.
College and Microsoft Office are expensive! Save as much money as you can.