Here are 5 things you should know.
1. Signing up for a “free” credit report with experian.com will charge you a monthly fee.
Experian.com claims this is free and charges you a $1 credit card charge to verify your credit card info. However, if you read the fine print you’ll see that this also signs you up for a monthly $20 charge if you don’t cancel the trial period.
Apparently canceling over the phone is a huge pain, so here’s an easy way to do it:
- Go to https://usa.experian.com/#/profile/myMembership/reason after signing in
- Choose a reason from the drop-down menu
- Click “confirm cancellation”
This cancels your membership without having to get on the phone.
2. While traveling, the Google Translate app can instantly translate words through your camera, live by simply pointing your camera at something (without having to take a photo). You can also do this offline by downloading the language-pack.
3. When you sign up on audible.com for a free book, make sure you cancel it after, because they can still charge you monthly off of your Amazon account (they’re the same company).
4. On Southwest flights with Wi-Fi, theres an internet connection indicator light in the front of the plane.
On Southwest Airlines flights with Wi-Fi access, there’s an LED light in the front galley to the right of the exit sign that shows if there’s an active internet connection.
5. If you are trying to have a website run properly you should have it open in another window.
If you are having a game or other website idling in the background, your browser (at least firefox does) limits how many resources go to it. This will mean your game/thing will run slower.
This can be dealt with by dragging out a tab or starting a window.