Here are 5 things you should know.
1. Taking “Plan B” is far less effective for women weighing over 165, and completely ineffective for women weighing over 175Ibs.
Here’s a good study:
2. Online databases that collect your personal information are creepy as hell, but you can get your information removed.
Online databases like Whitepages, BeenVerified, PeopleFinder, and USIdentify may contain your personal information like your phone number, address, birthday, and relatives. The information in them could be accessed and used maliciously without your consent, and if you have online privacy concerns you should know this so you can take action to have the information removed.
3. If you start a “live chat” conversation on a company’s website, it’s possible that the agent you are chatting with can see what you are typing as you type it. They may also be able to see your location.
4. The “Shadow Rule” help protect yourself when the Sun’s UV radiation is most dangerous.
The Shadow Rule
An easy way to tell how much UV exposure you are getting is to look for your shadow:
- If your shadow is taller than you are (in the early morning and late afternoon), your UV exposure is likely to be lower.
- If your shadow is shorter than you are (around midday), you are being exposed to higher levels of UV radiation. Seek shade and protect your skin and eyes.
The shadow rule: a simple method for sun protection (1998) Downham TF. Southern Medical Journal. 91(7): pp 619-23.
The shadow rule and appropriate sun behavior (2002) Lorentzen HF, Weismann K. Ugeskr Laeger. 164(25): pp 3346-50.
5. It will be cheaper to call a tow truck driver instead of a locksmith when you are locked out of yours.
Most tow truck drivers already have the necessary tools needed to open your car. The most locksmith will need to charge you minimum 1 hr labor and a trip charge.