Here are 5 things you should know.
1. You can add _nomap to your WiFi network’s name to stop Google from including you in their location database.
To stop Microsoft from sharing your WiFi with your windows contacts you can add _optout.
You can also combine them like this : wifiname_optout_nomap
2. There is an easy way to estimate the fuel efficiency (mpg) of your vehicle.
It’s a good idea to monitor your fuel efficiency in case it drops because of some problem with the engine/exhaust/etc., or if you want to sell it.
Some newer cars estimate mpg automatically but if you have an older car, try this:
- Fill your tank until the pump shuts off automatically. Get a receipt. Write your odometer reading on it. Save it.
- Drive until you use a significant amount of fuel, like until the fuel level indicator reaches the halfway-mark or your low-fuel light comes on. Refill to shutoff. Get a receipt that shows how many gallons of gas you bought. Write your odometer reading on it. Save it.
- When you get home, divide the difference between odometer readings by the number of gallons shown on the second receipt. The quotient is your miles per gallon.
- Fill to shutoff, odometer reading 250692.8 mi.
- Refill to shutoff, 16.542gal, odometer reading 251063.3 mi.
- 251063.3mi – 250692.8mi = 370.5mi. 370.5mi / 16.542gal = 22mi/gal (mpg).
This may sound elementary, but you’d be surprised how people get the relevant data or order of the calculations wrong in just about every way possible.
3. Many backpacks have a built-in whistle in the sternum buckle.
Definitely useful if you’re out on a hike and need to signal for help.
4. There’s an AI site that will respond to spam you receive.
It’s at rescam.org, and by using it you are wasting the scammers’ time without risk to your own accounts.
5. Spotify Web Player does not have Ads if you use an adblocker and Unlimited skips!
Spotify web player: https://open.spotify.com/browse
Only works when you use an adblocker, there are also unlimited skips and you can play any song without a premium account.