Here are 5 things you should know.
1. PYREX and pyrex are not the same things.
Products with the name “pyrex” (all lowercase) are made by a company called World Kitchen and are made out of clear tempered high-thermal-expansion soda-lime glass, which has a lower thermal shock resistance, making them susceptible to explosions in the microwave or oven. You can identify them by the lower case logo and the bluish tint in the glass.
Products with the name “PYREX” (all uppercase) are made of clear, low-thermal-expansion borosilicate glass and are not susceptible to explosions in the microwave or oven. They can be identified by the logo which is in all uppercase letters and the glass will be clear, not blue.
2. The USGS (United States Geological Survey) has a website called “Did You Feel It?” where you can report your time, location, and the severity of shaking if you felt an earthquake. The data collected could be potentially life-saving for future events and is extremely scientifically significant.
This service helps to create maps of earthquake damage and severity. By reporting this information, you can help seismologists predict the damage that could be caused by future earthquakes in the area as well as their potential time of re-occurrence.
3. Some libraries have an app that lets you borrow digital copies.
Ask your library if they are affiliated with anything like that and take advantage of it. This way you can check out books without even having to leave your house.
4. There is a new email scam going around.
This is the sample email:
We have your password, and it is HippityHoppityGiveEmTheZoppity69. We have hacked into your computer and have a video of you watching p*rn. If you don’t send us $2,000 worth of bitcoin within the next 48 hours, we will send this video to your entire contact list and various p*rn sites. “
After a little research about the email found this article: https://krebsonsecurity.com/2018/07/sextortion-scam-uses-recipients-hacked-passwords/
Don’t fall for it, they find your old password through info of a hacked website a long time ago. If you still use that password provided for anything, you might consider changing it since that info is out there somewhere.
5. In Ontario, you can get a Narcan kit at most pharmacies for free with just a health card.
Narcan can reverse the respiratory depression that was caused by an opiate overdose.
Example of opiates: Heroin, fentanyl & carfentanyl, Percocet and more.