Here are 5 things you should know.
1. There’s a site where you can put in a sample of your writing, and see what famous author you write like.
It uses your writing style to analyze which author you most sound like. Cool if you’re really into writing!
2. Putting a large pot of cool water on the burner over your oven vent will help keep your kitchen cool when the oven is on. Very helpful in the summer.
You should never block your vent, but if you have an oven with spiral burners like shown in the picture above usually the oven will vent out of the back right burner. If you place your hand over each one while the oven is on, you can tell which one is getting warmer.
Placing a large pot of cool water over the vent will allow the air to vent from the oven but a lot of the heat will be captured in the water. You can then dump this water down your sink after you are done with the oven. Be careful, it will probably be warm (if not hot). Water absorbs a ton of heat so this will make your kitchen/apartment/house feel cooler while using the oven and also use less energy if you have air conditioning.
3. Kellogg’s Honey Smacks has a “do not eat” warning right now.
Kellogg’s Honey Smacks are suspected in an ongoing salmonella outbreak. Maybe put down that spoon.
4. Raisins are far more poisonous to dogs than chocolate, but the darker the chocolate is, the worse it is.
5. On the 27th July a lunar eclipse will take place, and it will be the longest one of the century.
It will last for a total of 103 minutes, and the moon will turn red during the eclipse. You can check the time and visibility for your area at https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/lunar/2018-july-27