Here are 5 things you should know.
1. If your Amazon Prime order arrived late, you can contact customer service for compensation.
2. There is a baroque audio stream out of Athens, Greece that plays nonstop 15th and 16th-century tunes throughout the day with zero ads.
This is like, really beautiful relaxing music to help ease your tattered nerves and mend your broken spirit.
3. If you use certain drugs to medicate your dog/cat for storm and firework anxiety, they are completely aware of whatever is terrifying them but are unable to move, which is why their anxiety gets worse over time, because they remember everything.
Acepromazine, or “Ace” as it’s often referred to, is a very common pre-anesthetic drug often given to take home in tablet form for dogs that have storm anxiety or experience trauma with fireworks or grooming. Some vets prescribe it for aggressive animals to be given before appointments so they are more manageable by the veterinary staff.
This is an older drug, but it’s still very prevalent in the veterinary field today and is used per the discretion and preference of the DVM.
When used in combination with other drugs (such as diazepam, which is truly an anxiolytic, or ketamine, a catatonic anesthetic), it causes great relaxation and those drugs help make the animal mentally relaxed. In these situations, it’s totally humane, useful, and responsible.
When given by itself, the dog or cat is locked inside its own brain. Recent studies have monitored brain activity and revealed that dogs undergoing traumatic events on acepromazine were completely aware of their surroundings, including noises and being touched. They were still terrified, but their motor skills were reduced and therefore they visually seem to be relaxed.
This explains why people often see their pet’s anxiety with storms get worse and worse over time; the dogs know when a storm is coming, and they know every time it happens that they’re suddenly not in control of their bodies and can’t do anything but lay there in horror.
Some vets have moved on to better, newer products to help ease anxiety, but there’s still plenty of vets that use this as the gold standard.
If you have to medicate your pet for severe situational anxiety, check and make sure this isn’t the drug you’re using. It may make your pet relaxed, but they’re suffering in silence on the inside. There are all sorts of new medications and solutions to help keep your pet calm, safe and comfortable.
4. You can use temporary CC number to prevent recurring charges from messing up your.
5. Google has a very easy phone location service.
Simply google “Google find your phone” and it will give you steps to connect your phone to your Google account, if your phone already uses your Google account then it will just be a few clicks. This service has many options such as Ringing your phone on the highest volume regardless if it’s on silent, locating your phone, locking it remotely with a new password and message, and if need be erasing your phone.