Here are 5 things you should know.
1. On Aug 18, many pet shelters across the nation will have an adoption drive to find forever homes for pets during which the participating shelters will discount or waive off the adoption fees.
Since 2015, Clear the Shelters has helped 153,651 pets find forever homes.
Source and link to find nearest participating pet shelter: https://www.cleartheshelters.com/
The below link will help you to search for pets that are put for adoption, along with pictures and small bios.
2. If you bought MoviePass through Costco you can still get your money back.
Amidst the recent news of failing to honor showtimes for recently released movies (MI, Christopher Robin) and if you decided to cancel your membership, you can still get a refund if you bought the 1-year subscription through Costco.
3. There is a website where you type in the name of any book, movie, tv show, or even comic to see if there are any triggers that could set you off.
It’s pretty specific and there are comment sections to explain said trigger so you can read to see if it is mild or severe without any spoilers!
4. It’s a bad idea to burn treated wood. For many years, the usual preservative was CCA, a combination of chromium, copper, and arsenic. When it burns, some of the arsenic is released into the air with the fly ash, and the rest is concentrated in the ash that remains.
5. Earth is currently very close to Mars in our orbits, and it is very easy to see with your naked eye!
Look up in the sky and you should easily be able to spot a reddish looking “star”. It’s Mars!