Here are 5 things you should know.
1. Roku hardware is collecting and sharing information about your home networks and other devices, not just your viewing habits.
2. Jansport offers lifetime guarantees on their backpacks and will replace them years later. Keep this in mind when “back to school” shopping.
3. There are free websites you can use to record someone’s voice message from their answering machine / phone mailbox, for instance if they’ve passed away this could help.
4. If you do not feel safe around someone while removing your belongs from their home, or while someone is removing their belongings from your home, you can request an officer to stand by or accompany you.
Contact your local non-emergent line for 911 services and explain what you need. They will get your info and help schedule a time for the officer to meet you.
This when there is a potential for continued physical violence or threats of violence have been made. It is also for when there is the potential for distraction of your property. If you are scared for your safety do not hesitate to ask for officers to standby.
5. Credit Freezes and Unfreezes will be free for U.S. citizens beginning September 21, 2018.
A federal law has been passed mandating all credit freeze and unfreezes fees be removed by September 21st of this year. This is something everyone should be looking into after the Equifax breach.