Here are 5 things you should know.
1. If you’re using Android phones, Google tracks all your activity on that phone down to the apps you used and your search history.
You can view all your activity under My Activity
2. A lot of craft beers have the date of when it was canned on the bottom of the can. So check for the freshest ones because some may be months old but newer, fresher ones are usually just behind.
3. Talking badly about a previous boss makes your current boss trust you less.
If you talk smack about your last boss, your current boss will think you’ll probably also talk badly about them in the future. This can hurt your relationship by forcing your boss to put up walls to protect themselves from your future criticism. Same goes for co-workers.
4. Minimum wage protects everyone, even tip-based workers.
Tip-based workers are also protected by the minimum wage. For the sake of explaining this, we’ll say the minimum wage is $8/hr. If your boss pays you $3/hr plus tips, you must make at least $8/hr by the end of the week. If not, they must pay you the difference. This is called “tip credits“, look up your state laws to double check, but this is true for most states. Don’t let your employer skimp you. While we are on the topic, make sure you also understand all your industry-related laws.
5. iPhone users who feel like they’re in danger press the on/off key 5 times in rapid succession to place an emergency call without dialing.