Here are 5 things you should know.
1. Socks are the most needed but least donated article of clothing at homeless shelters.
A nonprofit organization called “The Joy of Sox” focuses on spreading awareness of the lack of socks in homeless shelters, and collects and donates as many as possible.
2. Some Chinese restaurants have a secret Chinese menu for traditional Chinese dishes, with healthier menu choices. If you ask for it, they will accommodate.
They typically have this menu for Chinese ex-pats and tourists. The regular restaurant menu choices are American dishes, where these are real Chinese dishes.
3. Some Hotels offer a “bereavement rate” for funerals and emergencies.
No one plans for these things so call the hotel and ask since these rates are not advertised. Also, if you have been flooded out of your home as a result of Hurricane Florence ask the hotel if they have registered with FEMA to house victims. You will need to provide your FEMA registration number & personal information.
4. If you’re purchasing a movie on your Apple TV and its missing a Rotten Tomatoes score, it likely has horrible reviews.
Just think everyone is entitled to the same info and not just what Apple wants, so you’re more inclined to make a purchase.
5. If someone in the opposing lane is flashing their brights at you for seemingly no reason, there’s likely a cop or accident up ahead of you.