Here are 5 things you should know.
1. Making people angry doesn’t necessarily mean you’re convincing them or that you’re being convincing.
2. A frequently overlooked rule of Monopoly is auctioning a property that someone lands on but can’t afford/doesn’t want. This increases game time exponentially.
“Monopoly takes too long!”
NOT WITH AUCTIONS, YA TURKEY! Read the rules! If you land on a property and don’t want it or can’t afford it, it must immediately go up for auction! Game time is halved, if not more! Also, no free parking money, sorry!
Of course, house rules are house rules! Use whatever ya want! But if the duration of the game is a concern: auction!
3. With the app Be My Eyes, you can quickly and easily help visually impaired people with everyday tasks.
With the app, you can receive a video call from a visually impaired or blind person and assist them with something like selecting the correct color sweater or reading a warning label.
The app has around 111K visually impaired users and 1.8M volunteers so please spread the word, especially to your visually impaired friends.
Here’s a CBS story about it from a few years ago.
4. This is how you can improve your online security and privacy.
This is a great guide on how to take proper precautions about your privacy and safety online.
You should know this because there are many ways for your information to be at risk even if you are pretty savvy with computers.
5. The appropriate time to be “brutally honest” is 5 minutes. If the thing you are pointing out can’t be remedied in under 5 minutes, don’t point it out.