Here are 5 things you should know.
1. Cold weather doesn’t prevent sunburns.
With the cold weather and snow across North America, it’s important to remember that heat =/= high sunburn chance. The UV rays can actually be easier to ignore due to the cold, but they can still burn your skin. Stay careful out there.
2. CreditKarma will file your taxes, including state taxes, for free.
3. NeedyMeds.org is a database of manufacturer coupons for tons of medications (U.S.)
NeedyMeds compiles numerous savings cards for brand name medications.
Examples of common ones I see frequently, just click the link to the manufacture website offer:
A lot of these kind of discounts will work with your commercial insurance, or if you have no insurance at all. These can be useful especially this time of year when your deductible has reset and you may need to spend $2,000 or more out of pocket.
Always check with your pharmacist if you’re preferred pharmacy accepts discount cards.
4. The Anorectal Angle is the human body that was designed to squat while pooping, and doing so relaxes the muscles in your abdomen. Just by lifting your feet onto a stool, you can poop more than twice as fast, and ease the chance of developing Hemorrhoids!
5. Bringing a video recording of an epileptic seizure to the ER can be of great help to the attending physician and guide treatment decisions.
Having a video recording of an epileptic seizure lets the attending physician see movements, postures or “inter-ictal” activities to further localize the epileptic origin of a Focal-onset epileptic seizure, which has immediate therapeutic connotations.
So, if you see someone having a seizure, ask his family member to record him, lay the patient sideways, don’t put anything in his mouth, start a stopwatch and protect the upper airway.