Here are 5 things you should know.
1. Almost any person will falsely confess to a crime under police interrogation techniques.
They’re used by police because they’re effective, and they’re effective because they’re coercive. If three people told the same embarrassing story about your last birthday party, you’d believe them even if you remember it differently or didn’t remember it at all, and it’s no different than when two or three police interrogators are sitting there, adamant that you did something that you don’t remember doing. Would you question yourself in the first hour? Probably not. By hour 12? You absolutely would.
It’s something to keep in mind if you find yourself being questioned by police, or (more likely) serving on a jury, viewing evidence relating to a defendant’s supposed confession.
2. There is an app called TraffickCam that enables you to help combat human trafficking by uploading photos of hotel rooms you stay in when you travel.
Traffickers often post photos of their victims posing in hotel rooms for online advertisements. These photos are evidence and can be used to locate and prosecute traffickers, but investigators must be able to determine where these photos were taken in order to use them.
When you take pictures of hotel rooms and upload them to TraffickCam’s database of hotel room images, you make it much easier for investigators to find other images that were taken in the same location as an image that’s part of an investigation.
3. Dolly Parton offers free books for children under the age of 5. From birth till 5 years her organization will send a book a month for free. It’s called Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library.
4. Motorcyclist signal cops ahead by tapping the top of their head.
If you see a motorcyclist tapping the top of their head it’s a signal cops are ahead – https://safer-turn.com/article/essential-motorcycle-hand-signals-2/
If you have the time you can check the rest of the article it details pretty much all the most common motorcycle hand signals. These hand signals don’t need to be a secret if you don’t ride knowing them could one day help you save their life yours or another’s on the road.
5. There’s a site called everynoise.com that has a list of over 3000 genres of music, with Spotify playlists for every single one.
This is such an amazing tool for finding new and interesting music. Plus you can find artists/groups that are similar to ones you already like!