Here are 5 things you should know.
1. In times of indefinite confinement, it’s vital to keep a schedule. Set an alarm. Do a morning exercise routine. Have tea at four. It helps to cope, and keeping yourself busy helps prevent depression.
Stay strong, peeps.
2. During this time of social distancing, the Georgia Aquarium offers live webcam feeds of most of their exhibits, including otters, sea lions, beluga whales, puffins, and penguins! Link in description.
This could be useful if anyone has small children who are being cooped up, or if you just want a happy escape from the bad news on TV. I hope everyone is staying safe out there!
3. NEVER to flush ANY wipes (baby, disinfectant, etc.), it will clog your septic system and do costly damage.
Even the kind that claims to be ‘flushable’ isn’t really, especially not on a massive scale like we’re seeing right now as people turn to use them more than ever before.
Save yourself a very expensive visit from the plumber, and dispose of them in a trash bag.
Better yet – use an alternative, these things are awful for the environment. Bidets for bathrooms, washable rags/old t-shirts for cleaning with are some ideas.
4. Truck drivers are struggling to eat during restaurant shutdowns.
If you see a truck driver walk to the door of a restaurant and walk away, they have no way to eat. Since walk up at drive-thru isn’t allowed and most trucks don’t fit, they have no way to order or receive their food. You should ask them if you could go through the drive-thru for them and pick up their meal. We owe them that much.
5. Cambridge University Press is making over 700 higher education textbooks in HTML format free to access online until the end of May 2020.
Please visit Cambridge University Press Website for the list of subjects.