Here are 5 things you should know.
1. “What do you mean by that” is a good defense if you have the feeling someone is indirectly criticizing your behavior in a conversation.
It will bring them to specify their criticism. Sometimes it brings them to their borders as they realize they don’t have any examples to bring up (which is needed in some forms of constructive criticism, not necessarily your SOs btw). Sometimes it will shut them up if they know a more direct criticism is not allowed or appropriate.
Many times, it will give you ground to react on or debunk the other’s critique. Be mindful though that, depending on your reaction, it can escalate an argument as well. It is recommended to hear the other person out and be mindful of what they have to say if they can really take a more direct approach to talk about problems with you.
2. If a rock comes off of a truck and damages your windshield, the truck driver will be held responsible for damages.
A lot of gravel trucks have decals that read “stay back 200ft” or “not responsible for damages” to deter people into thinking the company/driver isn’t liable for damages, but that isn’t true. Decals are not legally binding.
All drivers are responsible for securing their load. In the event that an unsecured load damages your vehicle, you should always take the driver’s license plate number.
3. Despite what is often portrayed in pop culture, most adult cats are actually lactose intolerant, and giving them milk can lead to vomiting or diarrhea.
4. Saying goes “nip it in the bud”, not “nip it in the butt”.
Very common mistake. The saying refers to nipping a bud before it grows into a flower, or making sure a problem is handled before it becomes a bigger one!
5. If you were cornered in a bathroom or had to defend yourself from an intruder while you are in the bathroom. The heavy ceramic top that covers the toilet tank is an effective improvised weapon.
Throwing shampoo bottles or even using the shower rod isn’t a viable choice (especially in a cramped space). If you had to defend yourself, the ceramic top is heaviest and the most lethal improvised weapon you can reach for. It is practically a cinderblock, and it might save your life or the life of your friend/family so you should know this.