Here are 5 things you should know.
1. There is a Youtuber called “Dad, how do I?” that explains everyday things that might need a father-figure to help you with. His Dad walked out on him when he was 12, he makes maintenance videos for people with no Dad.
2. If you own a Samsung smart TV that has ads, you can block them by adding ads.samsung.com to your block list on your internet router.
Have a Samsung smart TVs with ads that were annoying as hell. Found out they can be blocked and tried it. It worked!
LG: To disable LG ads that appear in “My Content” tab, LG store, etc. blacklist/block the following domains on your router:
Roku: If you go into the privacy settings on your Roku TV you can turn these ads off, but it also turns off the more ways to watch features. To turn this off go to your Settings and select Privacy. There you will find an option to “Use Information From TV Inputs.” Turning that off should disable these pop-up ads. (Not the best but its something)
3. Apostrophes never, I mean NEVER, denote a plural. Apostrophes are reserved for contractions and showing possession.
4. There are many myths that exist about suicide that are not true.
An Experience shared: ”
Here are the many myths about suicide.
Asking someone if they are thinking about suicide plants the idea in their head. False [see: Dazzi, T., Grobble, R., Wessely, S., & Fear, N. (2014). Does asking about suicide and related behaviors induce suicidal ideation? What is the evidence? psychological medicine] Instead it might help save their lives by reducing the stigma and allowing them to open up a conversation about their thoughts (also, don’t be afraid to use the word “suicide” or “killing yourself”)
People who are suicidal want to die. In most cases, suicidal people don’t want to die, they want the PAIN to stop. There is a difference. They don’t see any way to make it stop unless they are dead. Depression is treatable and there are ways to help reduce the pain and find reasons for living.
People who are suicidal are weak. False. Depression is a serious, but treatable illness that has nothing to do with moral strength or weakness.
People who commit suicide are selfish. False. Most people who commit suicide truly believe that their loved ones would be better off without them. Many believe that they put a burden on family and friends and that they would be much happier without them.
People who are suicidal are just trying to get attention. OF COURSE, THEY WANT ATTENTION. And?? They are crying for help, they do want attention because they are screaming for help. If someone’s house is on fire, don’t they cry for help and try to get someone’s attention? Why do we shame people for suicidal behaviors or sharing their thoughts? Check on your loved ones.”
5. Nearly 1.7 million jack stands sold by Harbor Freight have been recalled due to the risk of collapse. If you have any 6-ton or 3-ton models with the model numbers: 61196, 61197, or 56371 do not use them!
You can get a refund if you return the jack stands to Harbor Freight. Stay safe.