Here are 5 things you should know.
1. Yellowstone is NOT “overdue” for an eruption. Not only is that not how volcanos work, but only 5-15% of the magma in the magma chamber under the volcano is also actually molten. The rest is completely solid and stable.
That isn’t to say that the volcano could never have another supereruption, but scientists do not believe it ever will.
The “overdue” myth stems from the average time between the three eruptions in the volcano’s life. Which is the average of two numbers, which is functionally useless.
But even if it wasn’t useless and it was rock-solid evidence of an eruption, we still wouldn’t be overdue. There are still 100,000 years to go before we reach the average time between eruptions.
For more information, [click here] (https://www.usgs.gov/faqs/yellowstone-overdue-eruption-when-will-yellowstone-erupt?qt-news_science_products=0#qt-news_science_products)
2. Just because someone appears confident and sociable, doesn’t mean they don’t have anxiety (social or otherwise).
An experience shared: ” A lot of people tend to associate people with anxiety/depression/other mental health conditions to be quiet, reserved, introverts.
While this can be true, it isn’t always the case. So many people get shocked/don’t believe me when I open up about my personal issues because I am an extrovert and a performer and “seem” to do people-related things “effortlessly” (this is just the fake it till you make it method. Never made it lol, most things still terrify me). I can’t tell y’all the number of times I’ve been told I’m just fishing for attention if I let people know. This has just made me more and more reserved on an emotional level and now I hate talking about feelings even when it’s someone I can trust. My panic attacks have gotten worse and I have a hard time reaching out for help when I know I need it.
Please be mindful of people in general, regardless of whether they seem socially reserved or not. You NEVER know what they are going through. Making a judgment of someone based on their exterior personality only pushes them away. Just because someone is good at something (socializing, public speaking, performing, etc) does NOT mean it is a pleasant and comfortable position for them to be in!”
3. If you think someone is following you while driving, take 4 right or left turns to confirm if they really are. If they are still behind you after the last turn immediately Call 911.
Basically drive in a circle to confirm if they really are following you. If they’re still behind you after the last turn, don’t think twice, Immediately call 911.
4. If you have a swarm of bees in your back garden, call one of your local Bee Keepers and they will happily come and remove them for free!
Don’t worry, they won’t kill the bees (unless a disease is found within the colony), they will most likely sell them to people that are looking to expand the number of hives they have or new beekeepers that want a small starting colony.
5. If someone blushes, don’t point it out.
This happens way too often and only makes the person who is blushing more uncomfortable. More than likely they can’t control their blushing, pointing it out does nothing for the situation and can some times just make things worse.