Here are 5 things you should know.
1. One should not attempt to store fuel in nonapproved containers.
Just the act in itself is dangerous, a spark, or a bad reaction between gasoline and the item you are putting it into can be dangerous or break down as it was not meant to store fuel. Eg. Styrofoam coolers
2. How crucial SLEEP, DIET, and EXERCISE are for your quality of life.
It is important so o that you can live the best life you can.
A lot of people don’t realize how much their habits regarding sleep, exercise, and nutrition influence their quality of life. These things are the physiological basics of your life. Bad habits in either one of these fields will worsen your quality of life dramatically either instantly or in the future. The scientific evidence for this is overwhelming.
Sadly, there are still a lot of people that don’t realize that they feel bad because of bad habits in one of these domains and they start wondering what illness they might have or they simply think life is supposed to be like that. One example, if you drink caffeine less than 6 hours before you go to sleep, it will significantly reduce the quality of your sleep (source: https://doi.org/10.5664/jcsm.3170). Yet people still wonder why they never feel rested even when they regularly drink coffee at 4 pm!! It just goes right over their head and it’s not even news that is bad for your sleep.
If you don’t feel good and it seems like there isn’t really a particular reason for it, check if you have healthy habits in these domains. Usually, you don’t yet or you could improve things in these domains. Invest the time to read up on these things, it will pay off. If not now, your future self will thank you!
3. Your keyboard should be inclined in the OPPOSITE direction or not at all.
Most keyboards are angled or come with kickstands that angle the keyboard downwards towards you.
This is terrible for your wrists, ergonomically speaking.
You want the opposite, a keyboard that angles away from you to keep your wrists in a neutral/negative position. Prop your current keyboard up to fix this.
4. For active duty military you can get your annual fee waived on prestigious credit cards and lower interest rates.
For US active duty service members. If you are active duty military outside the US please check with your respective countries’ credit card companies and/or banks to see if you qualify for any offers.
Thanks to the SCRA also known as the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act any active duty military member can have special benefits with bank loans and credit card companies. Some of the biggest names in credit cards such as AMEX and Chase will waive their annual fee for active duty members which can save them up to $695 a year for their prestigious cards like the AMEX Platinum or the Chase Reserve Sapphire.
In accordance with the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, most major banks and credit card issuing companies will offer a refund on interest and annual fees for certain financial obligations incurred prior to active-duty military service. For example, if you bought a car before serving on active duty, and your current interest rate is 18%, you can invoke your SCRA benefits and have your rate lowered to 6%.
There are much more benefits than the ones listed here. Check out the source below for more information for you, your active duty friends, or any military family members.
5. The show Bar Rescue is detrimental to the community.
Avoid supporting a show that is detrimental to the Bar community and Bartenders as a whole.
- The show doesn’t actually look for failing bars, it looks for owners who are suckered into being on TV.
- Almost every single dramatic thing you see is acted out or set up. The crew will literally try to get them to fight and yell.
- The stress test is extremely unrealized. They tell the people to have high demands. Any Bartender would fail.
- The “remodel” is awful. They use the absolute cheapest equipment that tends to start falling apart after 6 months. Like, making the places look worse than before.
- John Tapper can’t Bartend at all. He can’t even make a Manhattan. He called the working class dogs who need be starved into behaving. He has no actual skills in the restaurant industry. He is a great scammer and real estate-rich dude though.
- The contracts the bar owners sign are absolutely insane. The show is banking on the Bar failing a couple of years later, because I’d they do, everything they have will go to Tapper. Owners have to fight to survive even harder afterward
- Tapper will poach good Bartenders from these bars before the show and leave the bar short-staffed with the least experienced Bartenders to make the place look really bad.
- Everything about the show, from the drinks, business models, drama, and running a business is unrealistic and dramatic for no reason.
- Compare the show to Kitchen Nightmares. Gordon Ramsey actually takes care and follows up with the restaurants afterward. Comparatively, he actually does what he says and tries to help the places get through it.
- Please don’t support this show. It’s a disgusting scam on small business owners that lies to its audience’s face. It’s destructive to the bar community and gives unrealistic ideas to patrons.