Here are 5 things you should know.
1. If you’re using your car’s Bluetooth, everyone outside can hear your phone call.
You probably don’t want people listening in on sensitive calls, especially if you’re taking them in your car to keep it private.
2. Google Messages has built-in message scheduling.
Holding the SMS button that appears allows you to schedule the message for whenever. Once sent it can still be adjusted to update the text, send now, or reschedule.
3. Gum can be toxic to dogs in small amounts.
Many gum brands contain a sweetener called xylitol which is safe for humans but can be fatal to dogs in small amounts. Our 65-pound doodle might not make it through the night because he ate a pack earlier today. Hoping others can learn from this post instead of the horrible way we did.
4. You can hone scissors quickly and safely using a glass bottle.
Dull scissors can be dangerous, and will certainly sap your happiness at times when you really need good sharp scissors like when wrapping presents. Good scissors can also be expensive, so this is a way to extend their useful life. By simply opening and closing the scissors on the neck of a glass bottle, you can hone them and bring back their sweet magic.
- Get a bottle like an old-fashioned Coke bottle that has a tapered neck.
- Hold the bottle around the base and keep it firmly on a flat surface. You don’t want it to tip and break.
- Use the scissors on the tapered neck like you’re trying to cut the top off. You don’t need to use any more pressure than it takes to keep the blades against the glass. Also, don’t go too quickly. You don’t want to cut your hand and miss how your spirit will be healed just a tiny bit starting in step.
- As you close the blades, the scissors will want to slide up the neck. Let them slide. As you open the blades, slide the scissors back down the bottleneck. Do this about 5 times.
- Take the scissors away from the bottle and slowly close them. You’ll hear the healing sound of the blades cleaning the burrs off of each other as they snuggle back together.
- Grab whatever it is that you’ve been putting off cutting until you could buy fresh scissors, and feel the joy, like a surgeon cutting for the very first time.
If the blades are not noticeably sharper, you may need to try another bottle. Some types of glass just aren’t harder than the metal in the blades.
5. Spotify’s shuffle feature isn’t random by default and you need to turn off Automix for it to be.
Automix curates your playlist and groups related songs.