Here are 5 more things you should know.
01. You only have 30 days to opt out of Facebook data sharing in Whatsapp
You only have 30 days after accepting Whatsapp’s updated Terms of Service to opt out of Facebook data sharing. If you are concerned about Whatsapp sharing your data with Facebook, you need to opt out within 30 days of accepting Whatsapp’s latest Terms of Service. You can follow the instructions here to opt out.
02. Major banks have policy that will waive one overdraft fee a year
Every major bank, plus many smaller ones have a policy for customers in good standing that allows for one overdraft fee per year to be waived. In order to get this you must not have had any overdrafts in the calendar year and cannot be a ‘chronic overdrafter’ (multi overdrafts every year).
The only way to get it is via the phone. The physical bank location you use typically either can’t or won’t do this, but phone reps actually have more power than they do. Call the number on the back of your debit card, and ask that the current overdraft fee be waived since you’re a customer in good standing and Violá! They will waive it!
Banks don’t advertise this for obvious reasons but I cannot think of one that doesn’t have this policy. Give it a try next time you find yourself with an overdraft fee and see the magic happen. Remember to be polite, and don’t ‘demand’ anything. Just ask nicely. That’s all that’s required from you.
03. How to tie the best knot in the world in less than 2 seconds
The bowline knot is the most useful knot in the world. It’s Fast! This Video shows you a fully detailed version of how to tie it in under 2 seconds.
It’s the most useful on a wide scale. Of course specific knots are needed for specific occasions, but this one is practical in more applications than any other. It has so many different practical applications. The harder you pull, the tighter it gets.
It never slips, comes loose, or jams under strain or pressure. Anyone can memorize it the way it is taught in the video above. And most importantly, you can untie it extremely fast, simply by pulling up on the back of the loop. Lifting the loop loosens the knot.
04. How to be an early riser
A few tips that worked for me to get up 2.5 hours before class instead of 1 are:
· Do not bring any electronics to bed with you.
· Leave your phone plugged in your bathroom or on the other side of your room, so that you have to get up to turn the alarm off.
· As soon as you get up, go to the bathroom if needed and then immediately go outside for a short walk, barefooted on grass. Stare at the blue sky, if the sun is up. My little walk is probably no more than a couple of minutes. I just walk down the greenway between the apartment buildings, touch a wall at the end of it, and walk right back.
· Stop using electronics an hour or two before you go to sleep. This is not easy and requires self-control out the wazoo, but it is so freeing. Instead, climb into bed and read a book (in candlelight or dim light).
· I personally use a sleep aid containing melatonin and herbs.
05. How to be a Good Storyteller
· Change the tone of your voice throughout the story to emphasize key points; no one likes to listen to a monotone speaker.
· Take pauses to build suspense.
· Gauge your listeners’ reactions to what you’re saying and adjust accordingly.
· Try to connect with your listeners, don’t just focus on one area of the room or one person; try to get everyone involved.
· Have good posture.
· Limit crazy hand gestures and movements as much as possible.
· Don’t take too long, if it’s a long story either give the people a heads up and make it as compelling as possible or cut unnecessary details.
Also, watching standup comedians like George Carlin, Louis CK, Bill Hicks, etc. helps.