We asked our regular contributors through e-mail, If authors ‘covered’ novels, the way musicians cover songs, which covered novel would you be most excited to read? We got many interesting responses. Here are some of them. We have just copied and pasted their responses, not editing them in any way and most of the respondents have requested to stay anonymous, so no names will be published.
1. Tolkien’s The Bible.
2. Romeo and Juliet by Lemony Snicket.
3. Green Eggs and Ham by Karl Marx.
4. Stephen King, Twilight.
5. ‘Lord of the Flies’ by Roald Dahl.
6. H.P. Lovecraft presents Jurassic Park.
7. Howard Phillips Lovecraft Presents the Queer Case of one Harold Potter.
The book is 220 pages long and ends with Harry seeing Voldemort on the back of that guy’s head, taking a gun from Hagrid, and blowing his own brains out.
8. Kafka covers the Animorph series.
9. Douglas Adams 1984.
10. The Shining, Dr. Seuss edition.