We asked our regular contributors through e-mail, What are some of the most interesting 24/7 live-streaming webcams to watch from around the world? We got many interesting responses. Here are some of them. We have just copied and pasted their responses, not editing them in any way.
1. My aunt is obsessed with the Katmai National Park Bear Cam in Alaska.
She knows each of the bears by name and gets super attached to them. And honestly, you spend a bit watching, and you can understand why.
2.The Shibuya crossing cam. The Shibuya crossing is the world’s busiest pedestrian crossing!!
It’s so satisfying watching everyone walk into each other and then clear out again, then see people building up before walking out into each other again.
I dunno when the crossing is busiest exactly, probably weekend nights? I think it looks better at night.
3. The NASA Livestream from the ISS (International Space Station). Technically not 24/7 because you can’t see when the Space Station is on the night side of the earth (half the time, 45 minutes at a time) or when there is a loss of signal. ISS Livestream with live map of the position of the Space Station
4. Abbey Road Crossing Webcam. You can watch tourists emulate The Beatles and make life sh*t for the local commuters!
Bubble Cam! Remotely activate bubbles in some random person’s backyard.
Giant Panda Cam – It turned off during the government shutdown and there was an uproar!
Large Hadron Collider is pretty interesting.
Africam– multiple webcams placed around an African Wildlife Preserve.
The Bald Eagle Cam The Raptor Resource Project set up a webcam to view a Bald Eagle nest in Iowa. Every spring you can watch the chicks hatch and grow.
Willard Library Ghost Cams The Willard Library in Evansville, Indiana is believed to be haunted. They have set up webcams throughout the library so the public can watch for ghosts.
http://www.thetenthwatch.com/feed/ – It’s the pitch drop experiment.
Best site to find cams all over the world is www.webcamgalore.com
5. I love the Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary live cam . However, am still a bit scarred from watching a dog sh*t directly in front of the camera only to have another dog swoop in immediately and eat it.
6. The Pacific Science Center in Seattle has a stream of their Naked Mole Rat Colony
Watching drunk people sing can be very entertaining.
8. They should really have one in an IKEA car park, watching people trying to load their cars with more crap than they came for is entertainment gold!
– extrobe9. Kitten Academy, in which a couple that fosters kittens streams them to the world. Super heartwarming.
10. I remember seeing one at the Abbey Rd crosswalk where people are constantly dodging traffic to recreate a Beatles cover.