11. China is about to realize a gene therapy treatment with the CRISPR Cas9 technique, which if it fails, we will gain some insight on how the technique will affect us, if it succeeds, well, a huge step forward to specific lung cancer types. – Source
· Treatments have been developed to greatly curb lung and brain cancer.
· 3d printing is on the cusp of saving and or bettering the lives of countless people.
· World crime as a whole has drastically declined as a whole in the last couple of decades.
· Coffee consumption has been proved to help curtail cancer and suicide rates. (Yay, coffee!)
· Starbucks actually did the hard work of figuring out how to donate perishable food in a foodsafe way.
· 500 elephants were relocated to a better, safer and bigger home.
· We made massive strides in Alzheimer’s’ prevention.
· We found out that the ozone layer is repairing itself and that all the work we did to get rid of those aerosol chemicals was actually worth it.
· A new therapy developed in Israel could cure radiation sickness.
· The Anglican Church resolved to solemnize same-sex unions the same as opposite-sex unions, which required a super-majority of all three orders of the church (lay, clergy, bishop) and got MORE than that from both lay and bishop.
· The Rabbinical Assembly issued a resolution affirming the rights of transgender and non-conforming individuals.
· The Liberal gov’t changed the Canada Child Benefit so that it’s actually helping people who NEED THE HELP.
· Eastwood donated a bunch more land to the Carmel River restoration project.
· We have developed gene-therapy for autoimmune disorders.
· Precision treatments for cancer are hitting clinical trials and working.
· Dentists are once again providing free care to veterans who need it.
· It has been determined that the manatee population has bounced back so much (500%) that it can be moved from “endangered” to “threatened”.
· Net Neutrality has been upheld by the appeals court. (No that fight isn’t over but this is still a good thing).
· We may have cured MS. (LET ME REPEAT: WE MAY HAVE CURED MS.)
· New short-treatment-period cure for HepC is huge success.
14. Our solar system has a new ninth planet. Earlier this year two scientists announced evidence that a body nearly the size of Neptune, but as yet unseen orbits the sun every 15,000 years.
15. Ten African countries have vowed to recreate 100 million hectares of lost jungle, twice the size of Europe. World bank and Germany have announced funding. – Source